home > stories > colour guide: 9 reasons to consider navy for your bathroom
Colour guide: 9 reasons to consider navy for your bathroom
Could a deeper shade of blue be the colour your bathroom is crying out for...?
written on: 14-03-2019 17:00pm
1. You can use it to create a two-tone effect. Deep navy makes the perfect partner for a lighter colour; opt for something bright to lift the room or a barely-there pastel to create a Scandi-esque feel.
2. Pair it with white to create a light-dark finish. Similarly, pair navy with a crisp white to create a palette of striking contrasts; it could be as simple as painting your walls navy and opting for all-white fittings.
3. Use it to bring a stylishly modern twist to an older bathroom. In the space below, for example, painting historic window frames in a matching shade to that on the walls creates a space as serene as it is sophisticated.
4. Create a focal area with it. In this bathroom, navy runs from the frame of the mirror onto the sides of the tub, creating a visually pleasing (and oh-so cohesive) display of colour.
5. Consider navy tiles as a sophisticated shower back-drop. Yes, they might require a little extra work to keep them clean 24/7 but boy, is it worth it.
Be inspired by this bathroom and partner your glossy-glossy tiles with fresh white paintwork and warm brass details for a look that's as glamorous as it is functional.
8. Combine it with vibrant patterns for an over-the-top maximalist aesthetic. Vivid patterns or prints will sit pretty when paired with soothing navy, as demonstrated perfectly by this delightfully eclectic space designed by Maurizio Pellizzoni.
9. Use it as a striking backdrop for your gallery wall. Framed prints will look picture-perfect against a navy wall, with the deep blue managing to neither distract nor dominate the artwork.
We love the decadent feel of this space, where framed artwork and an array of carefully chosen decorative details combine to stunning effect.
NEXT! Why stop in the bathroom? Explore our moodboard of ideas for the most beautiful navy ideas for your kitchen, too...
Five mistakes to avoid when redesigning your kitchen or bathroom
Planning an overhaul in a key area of your home? Read these pointers first...
Blind ambition: five on-trend ideas for your windows this spring
We've rounded up key window dressing trends - plus, tips for keeping them looking great, too