|EKBB Magazine|||||written on: 12-09-2021 12:30pm|
While being a soothing sanctuary and a relaxing retreat at the end of a hard day, today’s bathrooms are also constantly adapting to the new technology available. The perfect mix lies in creating a room which is warm and welcoming while also embracing the latest trends. As Leanne Robey, designer at Ripples explains, “It’s all about creating the ultimate user experience.”
1. Even heating goes high-tech with The Big One, which has a high heat output thanks to its chunky tubes and comes in two heights, 600mm and 1800mm, and lengths up to 1.1m. Available in anodised aluminium or a range of RAL colours, the model shown her costs £1,292 from The Radiator Centre.
2. Nonsolodoccia is a new, state-of-the-art shower and hammam from Glass 1989. Made in Italy, it comes with a generator that converts the shower into a pleasant steam cabin with touch panel and intuitive operation.
3. A Turkish bath with programmable temperature and time, the Avec Toi steam/shower cabin in matt white costs £16,900 from Zucchetti.Kos and features an aromatic essence dispenser, LED lighting, radio system, shower head, hand shower and water jets.
4. Smart Water technology from Dornbracht lets you digitally set the temperature and pressure of your shower or bath as well as syncing up with an app on your smartphone or tablet. With prices from £9,197 at C.P. Hart, the Transforming Water system, which uses the same technology, also connects to lights, sounds and scents for a totally immersive experience.
5. Handmade in Italy, the Esprit range by Oasis is high tech in terms of materials thanks to its lacquered vanity unit finish, which comes in matt and gloss options as well as 38 different colours, with worktops in ceramic, geacril, tecnoril or glass. Prices start at £3,895 for the vanity with basins from Alchemy Design Award.
6. With the Hansgrohe Axor LampShower, designed by Nendo, water and light are brought together to offer a one-of-a-kind showering experience. Priced from £1,236 at Ripples, a beautifully formed water jet rains down from the rim of the transparent lampshade for integrated ambient lighting.
Credit: Hayley Gilbert (Words)
Published: As featured in EKBB Magazine, Issue 240, April 2016. Prices mentioned are at the time of publication
Browse: Bathroom Inspirations
|The UK's No.1 kitchen, bathroom and bedroom magazine dedicated to real-life luxury homes and turning your design dreams into reality.|