home > stories > 7 quick-fix ways to add some instant personality to your bathroom
7 quick-fix ways to add some instant personality to your bathroom
Bring a flicker of flair and a shimmer of style into your space with the help of these simple ideas
written on: 06-02-2019 11:42am
1. Incorporate plants Yes, we talk about plants a lot but that's because we - and by extension, probably you - love them. We're a nation of pot-plant worshippers; we might not all have the required green-fingered prowess to keep things actually, you know, alive but there are so many convincing fakes out there that it's not really an issue.
Bringing plants into your bathroom is a great way to lift a space that's typically all-white (or at the very least, very-white); bursts of greenery will boost the mood, add some personality and also have the added bonus of helping to purify the air, too.
2. Reimagine your storage Storage in the bathroom is a bit of an enigma. You want it, yes, but you don't necessarily want it; it's functional but it's rather clunky and a bit in-the-way unless you manage to master it succinctly.
The main issue with bathroom storage is that by its very nature it doesn't really tie together: shower products, for example, don't necessarily belong perched alongside pristine white towels. The secret is to work out exactly what you need and then, and only then, work out the smartest place(s) to put it. It needs to be accessible, of course, but do you want it to be concealed or visible? Are there any clever, seemingly unuseable spaces that can be reconfigured into smart storage? And so on. Give it thought and work it out.
3. Bring in some colour If you're feeling bold, bring a burst of colour to your bathroom - whether it's via a lick of paint on the walls, a cabinet getting upcycled or, perhaps, a carefully themed palette running through your accessories.
Whilst the space above features a shocking splash of azure, the space below features a more subtle wave of colour, via hot pink details.
Another way to do it? A painted screen can make a quick addition to a space; unlike an accent wall, it can be moved if you tire of it, or wish to see it in a different space in your home.
4. Add in some decorative details Easy-to-install décor is a win-win way to bring some extra style to a bathroom. With the high street brimming over with trend-led pieces - lamps, vases, ornaments, candles, cushions and so on - it's never been easier to update your space quickly, simply and without breaking the bank in the process.
Trend-following not your thing? We hear you - instead, pick out a curated edit of decorative pieces that lift your spirits and the space alike.
5. Reconsider the lighting Dead bulb? Replace it. No lampshade? Rectify it. Thoroughly bored with the lighting situation as a whole? Consider how you can light it up in a new way.
6. Hang up your artwork If you own a collection of prints that have yet to make it out of the wrapping you purchased them in, now's the time to strike!
Dedicate an afternoon to framing your beautiful artwork - just be careful of cutting your fingers (as we all know, papercuts are the worst).
7. Give thought to your soft furnishings If your bathroom already boasts seating, give it a refresh (add cushions or a throw, for example); if your bathroom doesn't already have seating, consider adding it in.
From a chaise longue by the side of your bath to a snug armchair made for curling up in with a face mask, seating adds a certain undeniable decadence to a space.
A silky foot stool can also make for a relaxing, decadent way to unwind in your soak-space. Pick one in your favourite colour for extra cool points.
NEXT! Want to add a touch of marble to your bathroom? Get inspired with our creative moodboard of ideas - click any image below to begin.
Why include hidden design features in your kitchen?