home > stories > the kbb ark edit: 12 kitchens that expertly define industrial glamour
The KBB Ark edit: 12 kitchens that expertly define industrial glamour
Add a serious dose of style to your cook-space with these theme-led ideas
written on: 05-02-2019 17:00pm
1. Georgian grandeur Deep navy provides the perfect accent colour in this elegant Georgian-built kitchen, which was given a modern redesign and underwent a total overhaul.
"My husband is a very keen cook and we entertain a lot, so we wanted to create a beautiful space where friends could hang out and chat while we made dinner," explains Jessica. "We knocked through the walls and completely opened the space up to create one big kitchen."
4. A place for everything In this kitchen, exposed brick is just one of the wow-worthy industrial details; slate, wood and stone combine together to produce a space that's as stylish as it is practical. (Hello, wine storage and cut-away storage.)
5. Warehouse cool This space stretches in the opposite direction, swapping the typical darkness of an industrial space for lashings of white paint and black detailing.
Additional pleasing details include the concrete ceiling; "we added concrete and brick back in to run with the urban-loft feel," explains designer Rebecca Hunt. "The concrete ceiling [as glimpsed above] worked particularly effectively, too." See more of this property's impressive redesign here.
6. Colour pop A cool blast of minty green adds endless effortless interest to this space, which, with its sharp lines and metallic details, could pass as a set from a movie.
7. Mix-and-match Layer up metallic details that look as if they could possibly be decades-old with newer additions to create a space that's sleekly stylish.
8. The high-low Light fittings hanging at different heights help to warm up even the coolest of industrial spaces; in the space shown below, bare bulbs perfectly complement the theme whilst also adding a little extra personality to it.
9. Warmed-up wonder A clever blend of colour and texture in this kitchen results in a space that's as inviting as it is industrial. Flickering lights add an extra element of cosiness, with natural light streaming quite effortlessly into the space.
10. Light and dark An almost - almost! - ombré arrangement of colours sets the scene perfectly in this space, with light reflective cabinetry paired with darker stone surfaces.
11. Remains of the day This space has a relic-like feel to it, don't you think? Looking as if it's been abandoned and then slightly (but lovingly) restored to just a hint of its once-upon-a-time glory, it's a dining area as shabby as it is chic.
12. Industrial appeal Whilst this stunning kitchen looks as if it belongs in a super-hip New York restaurant, it's actually nestled within a family home in Cheshire. No, really.
A clever blending of wood and metal, as well as that light-letting back wall, result in a space that's as airy as it is wow-worthy. We approve!
NEXT! Want more industrial-inspired ideas for your kitchen? Click any image below to begin exploring our moodboard of ideas...
Expert’s corner: what to consider when selling your home
Turn your home into a no-brainer for potential buyers...
Real home: an eclectic style overhaul for a London penthouse
Offering wow-worthy city views, the interiors of this luxurious apartment are just as impressive