home > stories > the kbb ark edit: 7 times a bathroom was perfectly completed by towels
The KBB Ark edit: 7 times a bathroom was perfectly completed by towels
No, really - sometimes it's the smallest details that can make the biggest difference!
written on: 04-02-2019 11:37am
1. When the towels created a vibrant colour-contrast In this bathroom, a maximalist printed wallpaper provides the perfect eccentric backdrop for bright towels in block colours. (Which in turn are pleasingly layered against that warm metallic ladder, which sits atop geometrically patterned tiles. Fabulous!)
Key to this look is the fact the walls are so vividly patterned, whilst the towel is a resolutely one-tone shade. If the towel had even a hint of decoration, the space would lose that carefully styled finish and instead look a little chaotic and clustered. We know: it's a fickle thing, this towel selection business.
3. When the colour scheme kept it perfectly cool A soft grey stone effect runs through this bathroom, with that upwards shelving display perfect for keeping towels neatly stored and yet easily accessible, too.
Likewise, in this bathroom, upwards shelving once again acts as both storage and a design detail; in this instance, it also zones the space, as well, acting as a buffer between the sink and the bath.
4. When the towels perfectly matched the walls Pink and blue on the walls calls for pink and blue towels, naturally!
In this co-ordinated bathroom, every detail has been carefully chosen to tie in with the rich azure and pink palette, from the picture frames to the bath surround. (And even the bathing products displayed on the bath rack are included within that. Dedication, no?)
5. When the towels added a splash of much-needed colour Whilst mustard yellow might not be the most obvious shade of choice in a bathroom, an unlikely colour can actually be perfect for breathing fresh life into a soak-space.
In this particular bathroom, pale wood, grey stone and chunky white tiles are effortlessly warmed up with the addition of jewel-bright towels.
6. When the towels tied a theme together In this bathroom, simple white towels perfectly match with the curtains and floor mat, with the towels nestled neatly within that dove-grey dresser.
7. When the towels perfectly enhanced the lazy decadence of the bathroom A tub like this is positively made for relaxing in, no? The mish-mash pile of towels, in a variety of colours and materials, serves to add to the lazy-luxe feel that permeates through the space.
The cosy robe hanging on the wall, the flickering pillar candle and the warm blaze in the fireplace all tie together to create a space as inviting as it is stylish.