home > stories > the kbb ark edit: stylish seating ideas for your kitchen
The KBB Ark edit: stylish seating ideas for your kitchen
Beyond the traditional table and chairs, what other ways can you take a seat in your cook-space...?
written on: 01-02-2019 09:00am
1. Pick a seat with a view Whether it's a built-in seat or just a cleverly positioned chaise longue or armchair, a bare window is the perfect place to position a chair - we're swooning over this exquisitely styled monochrome space...
Even something as simple as cushions put on top of storage in the guise of a window seat can make for a simple yet effective option.
Naturally, it's even better if your window seat overlooks a beautiful vista, whether it's a fairy-lit patio or acres of rolling green hills in the distance...
2. Opt for some retro dining style Bring some Grease-inspired charm to your dining area by opting for a retro curved breakfast bar. Ideal more so for couples than large families, it makes eating a true treat, offering intimacy as diners sit next to, rather than opposite, each other.
3. Treat yourself to a touch of luxury A silky chair is perfect for adding a twist of decadence to your cook-space - even more so if it means you can take a well-deserved seat during the cooking!
4. Put it in the corner A well-positioned corner seat - whether a slouchy chair or a cushion-topped settee - can make for a sociable cooking experience, offering guests a close proximity to the cook. Or in the case of this dreamy space, the bar...
It can also act as a neat way to break-up a space; in the kitchen below, for example, the seat acts as a half-way point between the cooking and dining areas.
5. Have an (open!) plan If you have a large open-plan kitchen-diner, make sure you position any seating in the most logical space, in order to include the cook in the conversation.
6. Build it in Follow the lead of this kitchen by opting for a seating area that's built into the back of your island. As well as offering a very clever utilization of space, it also just looks great, too, with the red seating popping pleasingly against the grey of the island.
7. Bench it! For an al fresco feel in your dining space, opt for a table that looks as if it could weather an outdoor climate, too. This chunky wooden bench fits the brief perfectly, with colourful cushions adding a charming, whimsical finish to its industrial styling.
NEXT! Want some smart ideas to make a small kitchen feel a little bit bigger? Get inspired with our moodboard of inspirations - click any image below to begin browsing...
Five simple design tweaks that could make your home more eco-friendly
Give a little extra thought to how you redecorate your home with these pointers
Home hack: how to tackle a lack of natural light in your kitchen
Yes, it absolutely CAN be done - and here's how...