home > stories > the kbb ark edit: 7 smart storage ideas for a child's bedroom
The KBB Ark edit: 7 smart storage ideas for a child's bedroom
Whether it's tidying away toys or keeping clothes in order, make it a breeze with these ideas
written on: 12-03-2019 11:45am
1. Cosy and clever As well as offering a super-cosy cubbyhole, perfect for cuddling up in with a book, this clever design combines comfort with practicality; that's a cupboard on the left, after all, meaning there's plenty of space for shelving and hanging.
2. Perfectly built-in This carefully constructed design combines shelving and cupboards with a clever concealed second bed - perfect for sleepovers.
3. Stairway to interiors Storage, seating, stairs... And even a sofa! Combining, quite effortlessly, all the best S's of interior design, this bedroom is as fun as it is functional, offering distinctly different zones for reading, relaxing and playing.
4. Think inside the box Simple box-style storage is a no-fuss way to keep paper, pens and small toys tucked out of sight when not in use.
5. On the wall Whether you have a smaller or larger space to work with, open-front box storage makes a great addition to walls; we love the space below, where a coloured interior adds extra interest to each compartment.
6. A decorative display That said, open-front storage can work perfectly on the floor, too. For smaller occupants, keep delicate or fragile items out of reach.
7. Go high! Concealed storage is a great way to keep things out-of-sight and out-of-mind - and if it's positioned mid-way up the wall, you'll be afforded extra floor space. Bargain!
NEXT! Want more ideas for a little one's bedroom? Get inspired with this moodboard of ideas - click any image below to begin browsing.
Blind ambition: five on-trend ideas for your windows this spring
We've rounded up key window dressing trends - plus, tips for keeping them looking great, too
10 ways to add some glamour to your bedroom this weekend
It's National Bed Month! So what better time to give your boudoir a bit of a makeover?