|EKBB Magazine|||||written on: 22-08-2021 09:30am|
Looking for a new design for your bedroom? Sometimes the addition of a headboard can be just the five-star statement you need, turning a standard bed into a wow piece and your bed into a focal point around which the rest of the bedroom décor is decided. “For the real luxury hotel feel, I’d suggest opting for a grand, oversized design or getting one specially made in an interesting shape or material,” advises Chrissie Rucker MBE, founder of The White Company. Read on to find out how to get the right look, and once you’ve decided, lie back and enjoy it.
1. Space-saving and eye-catching, wall tiles make a decorative look that resembles a bedhead. Esparza tiles cost £8.40 each from Bert & May.
2. The Sumatra headboard is handmade by artisans from rustic reclaimed teak in Indonesia. King size is priced at £545 from Lombok.
3. This elegant carved headboard sets the vibe for the rest of the room. Textured Paisley bed linen in Petrol Blue includes a duvet cover for a king and a pair of Oxford pillow cases from Christy.
4. Made entirely of pocket springs, this statement headboard for the B Bed by Sacha Walckhoff, creative director of Christian Lacroix, is upholstered in Powder Blue novasuede by Alcantara, an innovative fabric most commonly used to cover car, aircraft and yacht interiors. Priced at £7,210 from Savoir Beds.
5. The dark border in contrast to the upholstered centre gives this headboard a crisp, contemporary look. Shown here is Beadmore bedding from Sheridan.
6. A wooden headboard gives a sense of permanence. The Lene Bjerre classic headboard is made from oak and finished in dark grey, with two small legs. Priced at £675 from Houseology.
7. This is a feminine design which is influenced by early French styles. The combination of crisp tailoring and stud detailing makes for a strong statement. The Eva super king comes in 29 fabrics and it’s £485 from Neptune.
8. Use a headboard to create a dramatic colour accent in the room. The Clarence upholstered headboard by Simon Horn features a deep border and metal studs. They cost from £1,500 for a super king.
Credit: Katy Eachus (Words)
Published: As featured in EKBB Magazine, Issue 239, March 2016. Prices mentioned are at the time of publication
Must-Haves: Floral Prints for The Summer
Show us your cosy headboard! Post images in the comments section below.
|The UK's No.1 kitchen, bathroom and bedroom magazine dedicated to real-life luxury homes and turning your design dreams into reality.|