home > stories > the kbb ark edit: 11 kitchens that have mastered autumnal style
The KBB Ark edit: 11 kitchens that have mastered autumnal style
With the nights drawing in, why not add a subtle twist of fall-inspired flair to your cook-space?
written on: 18-10-2018 11:27am
1. Pull up a pew... Okay, we'll ease you in gently. For those of you out there who want to do a little something to acknowledge the glorious arrival of autumn but aren't quite sure - exactly - what, think small and simple.
2. Cook up a storm Autumn lends itself perfectly to hearty meals - so why not turn your cookware into a decorative feature?
3. Consider your lighting The darker evenings require the perfect cosy-cosy glow to keep your kitchen, bathroom or bedroom glowingly illuminated.
So, with that in mind, why not enhance your lighting situation? Whether it's a string of pretty fairylights twinkling above your fireplace or a series of exposed bulbs hung from the ceiling, get creative.
4. Add a splash of mixed-metal From something as small as a tealight holder through to a reflective lampshade, there's something so decadent about a metallic shimmer. Use it sparingly rather than in excess.
5. Create a colour contrast For example: you could paint an accent shelf in a deep shade of navy and display cool gold accessories on it.
6. Candles. Everywhere. Why not layer up the glow in your kitchen by displaying your favourite candles?
Whether you choose them for their scent or purely for their flicker-factor, lighting candles in (safe!) places in your cook-space is a simple way to add to the seasonal charm.
7. Strip things back The dawn of the new season is the perfect time to have a clear-out and take things back to basic in terms of what's in your kitchen.
8. Go seasonal with your floral arrangements Adore flowers? Yep, us too - so pick blooms and bouquets in shares that match the season for a low-fuss splash of floral fall cheer.
9. Layer up the cosy Now's the perfect time to treat your kitchen to a few shiny-new accessories. From cushions for your seating area to a new print or two to hang on the wall, there are literally - literally! - countless ways to do it.
10. Embrace maximalism Really want to go for it? Like, really? Go all-out and adopt a scheme for your kitchen that's truly inspired by the colours of autumn. We adore this vibrant cook-space palette, which combines colour, pattern and material, quite effortlessly.
11. And finally... For the ultimate in mildly-Halloween-inspired décor for your home, look no further than this. Can't see what we're talking about? Keep looking at the image and you'll see it eventually!
NEXT! Want to go for GOLD in your home? Click any image below to begin exploring our moodboard of inspiring ideas.
10 transformative home ideas to consider for the Bank Holiday weekend
Now's the time to create that photo wall, or replace that light fitting...
The KBB Ark edit: 10 spaces that could be inspired by the night sky
Be influenced by shades of blue, cosmic patterns and galaxy effects with these ideas for your interiors...