home > stories > 12 perfectly pink ideas for your bathroom
12 perfectly pink ideas for your bathroom
Turn your bathroom into a feminine oasis or simply add a little colour – we've got ideas galore!
written on: 23-03-2018 17:00pm
Pink: no longer just the choice de jour of 'girly girls', the colour is available in a whole spectrum of shades, from barely-there baby-pink to unmissable fuschia.
You might not have considered the colour for your bathroom but there are actually a lot of ways to include it in your precious space: from subtle hints to in-your-face blocks of colour. If you want to avoid paint, look to other materials: twinkling tiles and polished rose gold taps and cupboard handles will keep the look fresh and minimal.
1. In the tub There are multiple ways to add a hint of pink to your bath: you could paint the feet, paint the sides or maybe even paint the whole thing! Just make sure you use the correct type of paint – or alternatively, purchase an already-pink tub. For extra style points, upgrade the taps to rose gold fittings.
2. The four-poster bath Because if you're going to bathe, you might as well do it in style, no?
3. Tile-high tub Built-in bath? Swap dull white panels for glinting mosaic tiles. Opt for shades of pink, or alternatively mix things up by adding in chunks of nautical turquoise.
4. Tiles and tiles On the subject of tiles: create a feature area by adorning one prominent wall in your bathroom with tiles. Note: this will look heavenly on the 'main' wall of your bathroom, ie the one where your sink is positioned.
5. Make a statement Sharing your bathroom with people who aren't – gasp – quite so pink-enthused? Limit yourself to one wall, painted in your favourite shade, whether it be pale baby pink or a deeper, more vibrant shade.
6. Make a statement (part II) Alternatively, an accent wall adorned in a gorgeous printed wallpaper will add some elegantly eccentric flair to the space.
7. Sink pink Update your sink by picking a gorgeous installation in – you guessed it! – pink. Contrast pastels with rose gold accents; alternatively, opt for a hot fuschia shade to make the sink a talking point of the room.
8. Pink up your sink A built-in sink will look utterly exquisite in pink. Again, pair with polished precious-metal-inspired taps for a sophisticatedly swoonworthy finish.
9. A fresh perspective Upcycle an old cabinet with a lick of paint and install it in a cosy nook of the bathroom.
10. Show them the door A creamy pink door will add some effortless je ne sais quoi to your bathroom – pick a richer shade of pink rather than pastels in order to conceal smudges and dirty fingerprints.
11. Store it away Don't want to do anything drastic? Opt for subtle pink accessories and décor details, such as cute pink storage jars, that will add a nod to the trend without being overbearing.
12. Go all out! Contrarily, cover everything in pink: the walls, the floors, the fittings... Heck, maybe even hire a flamingo to stand majestically by the door.